Burnaby North Founded in 1922
The Burnaby North Lawn Bowling Club is a social club that gives its members an opportunity to meet people while enjoying a sport that provides some exercise in an outdoor setting. We are at the north end of beautiful Confederation Park where there are lots of activities happening. The Club is active all year round with outdoor bowling from May to September and indoor social activities from October to March.
Chilliwack Founded in 1922
The Chilliwack Lawn Bowling Club is centrally located at the corner of Princess and Edward Streets. The game offers gentle exercise as well as time-honoured sociability.
Granville Park Founded in 1915
The Granville Park Bowls Club, formally known as the Terminal Club, on the corner of Fir and 4th Avenue, Vancouver was founded in 1916 and has been playing at its current location since 1965 at levels from social and recreational all the way to provincial and national levels. It is a rare year that a Granville Park member does not win a medal at the Provincial Championships. Our coaching program is run by a former National and International Champion who is a certified coach. So come on down to some of the best greens, best bowlers and best hospitality in Metro Vancouver.
Kerrisdale Founded in 1915
The Kerrisdale Bowls Club, situated in Elm Park, has been playing at its current location since 1917. We offer members the chance to play bowls at all levels from social to recreational all the way to provincial, national and even international levels - one of our members played in the 2011 Asia Pacific Championships in Adelaide, Australia. Introductory coaching course begins on the first Tuesday in May and covers all the basics of the Sport of Bowls, but we accept new members any time of the year. .....
Ladner Founded in 1916
The Ladner Lawn Bowling Club was organized in 1916, Reverend R.F. Stillman, President and Mr. W.H. Wilson, Secretary. In 1917 the name was changed to the Delta Lawn Bowling Association. In 1950 the club was reorganized and incorporated under the British Columbia Societies Act as the Ladner Lawn Bowling Club. Initially members bowled on the lawn at Mr. William Kirkland's residence. In 1918 greens were constructed at the Ladner Country Club and a club house erected in 1919. The Ladner Ladies Lawn Bowling Club was absorbed by the Ladner Lawn Bowling Club in 1972.
Langley Founded in 1979
Located at 20471 - 54 Ave. in the City of Langley, the Langley Lawn Bowling club was founded in 1979 and has been in operation since 1982. Our success over the years is attributed to the friendly and hard working volunteers in our membership. Our bowling season runs from late April to mid September. Come and visit our club! The uninitiated are always surprised at how challenging lawn bowling is!
Maple Ridge Founded in 1995
The first club with an artificial green within the province, hosts the first and last tournaments of the year. We are open to bowling 365 days a year. Over the years the club has had bowlers and coaches who have won Nationals and Provincial championships. Many hard working volunteers have made the club the success it is today. New bowlers and visitors are always welcome to join the activities of friendly club atmosphere.
New Westminster Founded in 1917
The area chosen for the first New Westminster Bowling Club was located on two parcels of land near 322 Second Street. There were only greens at this location, with no clubhouse. Dues for 1918 were $5.00. The club moved to the corner of Tenth and Dublin having grown from 10 members at its first meeting to 1917 to over 100 in 1922. The interest in the game was so great that a clubhouse was built with lockers, with kitchen, tool house, verandah, and toilet conveniences by the members themselves. On March 30, 1948 a motion passed to sell the property and enter into an agreement with the City of New Westminster. The new Moody Park greens were officially opened May 20, 1950 and the first jack was rolled by Premier Byron Johnson. The club hosts four inter-club tournaments a year - Marg Bauer Mixed Fours, Men’s and Women’s Triples and the Hyack Mixed Triples.
North Vancouver Founded in 1923
The North Vancouver Lawn Bowling Club, established in 1923, is one of the oldest sports clubs on the North Shore, and one of the largest lawn bowling clubs in Canada. The clubhouse is fully equipped with excellent facilities that provide space for hosting tournaments at club, Vancouver and District, Provincial and National levels of play. The club has many social activities for its members including; dinners, barbecues, parties, darts, cribbage and bridge. Lawn Bowling is a great activity for all ages and we are always looking for new members. NVLBC has excellent club coaches, who are always willing to help.
Vancouver Founded in 1912
Located on the highest point in Vancouver and surrounded by a peaceful park, you can find us next to Queen Elizabeth Park’s lovely Rose Garden.
West Point Grey Founded in 1921
The West Point Grey Bowls Club is located in one of the loveliest parts of Vancouver; our view of the mountains is unparalleled! We have two greens with a total of 16 rinks, so there is always plenty of room for people of all skill levels and abilities to bowl. We have hosted the B.C. Week Women's events for the past two years. We also host the Russ McKay Triples, West Point Grey Women's Triples, Barbara Williams Fours and the 2' Measure Fours. We welcome new members and encourage visitors to our friendly club.
The West Point Grey Bowls Club started on February 15, 1921. It's first president was W.G. Armstrong. The Women's Club opened on June 9 of that same year with Mrs. G.E. Winter as president. One of the high points in the club's history was when it played host to the Lawn Bowls event in the Commonwealth Games (then called the British Empire Games in 1954.
West Vancouver Founded in 1931
Organized lawn bowls games were established in West Vancouver long before World War I on the tennis greens located near the Navvy Jack Thomas house. Early enthusiast Charles Nelson (West Vancouver's first reeve) built a private green on his residential property as Sunday play was forbidden on the District's property. In June 1931 the Men's Club built a green in the area south of the original West Vancouver United Church. They added a clubhouse in 1934. This was later expanded in the 1980's and the green was repaired and restored. Over the years the club membership and tournament participation has risen dramatically. Today the West Vancouver Lawn Bowls Club membership has risen to over 200 bowlers and the club hosts many local tournaments.